Amazon Earnings Preview, By the Numbers: What Will Move the Market
Date Published: 2018-10-22
DisclaimerThe results here are provided for general informational purposes, as a convenience to the readers. The materials are not a substitute for obtaining professional advice from a qualified person, firm or corporation.
LEDEAmazon Inc (NASDAQ:AMZN) has earnings due out on Thursday 2018-10-25 after the market closes. Below we present the consensus earnings estimates and some high targets that would likely move the market.
Amazon - By the NumbersWhile the numbers are driven by the individual business segments, namely e-commerce, AWS (cloud), advertising, and hardware, when all rolled up -- there is an expectation set by Wall Street -- and there are numbers at the top tier of that expectation as well.
Current Quarter Analyst Estimates
For the bullish view, the following numbers would constitute a large beat:
* If AMZN reports a revenue number above $58.08 Billion, that would be ahead of even the highest estimates.
* If AMZN reports an EPS number above $4.40, that would be ahead of even the highest estimates.
Next Quarter Analyst Estimates
For the bullish view on guidance for the next quarter:
* If AMZN guides revenue above $75.78 Billion, that would be ahead of even the highest estimates.
* If AMZN guides EPS above $8.04, that would be ahead of even the highest estimates.
Implied Forward PE
|Current Fiscal Year||103.15|
|Next Fiscal Year||70.59|
* If AMZN hits the mean estimates for EPS this year, the company trades at a forward PE (for the current fiscal year) of 103.15.
* If AMZN hits the mean estimates for EPS for next year, the company trades at a forward PE (for the next fiscal year) of 70.59.
What HappenedThis data is available for any company, at any time, on the CMLviz.com Analyst Tab, for free: Right Here
You should read the Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options.
Past performance is not an indication of future results.
Trading futures and options involves the risk of loss. Please consider carefully whether futures or options are appropriate to your financial situation. Only risk capital should be used when trading futures or options. Investors could lose more than their initial investment.
Past results are not necessarily indicative of future results. The risk of loss in trading can be substantial, carefully consider the inherent risks of such an investment in light of your financial condition.
Please note that the executions and other statistics in this article are hypothetical, and do not reflect the impact, if any, of certain market factors such as liquidity and slippage. x